Tuesday, November 24, 2009

What You Should Know... part 2

Well, this part was less annoying.
  • Application lifecycle - includes development. Tru-dat my brother! Too bad the authors example is of a code-profiler. And yes, most APM-savvy folks do not include development as part of APMonitoring. But if you really want to improve app performance (and the end-user experience) - you need cooperation from development.
  • The SOA flag - This is not so bad. He inserts that ASM acronym again. But otherwise, this is accurate and helpful. You know, if you really think that APM is overloaded (which it is) - how about SPM - Service Performance Management. Everybody knows "ASM" means an assembler directive anyway!
And then a few other points - and the rest is an ad for a MicroSoft product. And now all the spin makes sense - a desktop view of the world IT management problem. Not so innovatative. Read at you own risk.

All in all, what can I say about this author? He has 30 books published. I have a book proposal. So I am crap.

But. He writes about APM. I "do" APM. I help clients realize APM. I "talk the talk" AND "walk the walk".

The author is "two-thousand and LATE"! ;-)

Now, if I only had a book...

No comments:

Post a Comment