Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Like Neo (Matrix) - Stuck on the subway platform

Still waiting on the proposal acceptance. Editing assistance contract, version two, is off to legal. Some business challenges and a bit of reorganization have pulled attention away from the project. Thankfully, the marketing folks tripped over an APM book project from Compuware so now they are beating the drum to help get the oars moving on this boat!

I've started outlining sections on Triage and Maturity Models. These are both pretty big topics and left out of the initial outline but it might be useful to have them ready in case the 'editing' decimates the current block of content.

Currently, I'm at 30k words or 60% of my initial target but really didn't make much progress in October. All the ducks are lined up, in terms of the process obligations. It feels like my flight home is cancelled and I'm waiting for a schedule update - no meeting at risk - just my own time!

No comments:

Post a Comment